Join us in honoring all of our members of the U.S. Armed Forces throughout the month of May, in recognition of Military Appreciation Month!
May was chosen to be Military Appreciation Month, as it holds many individual days commemorating our U.S. Military, including:
– Loyalty Day: observed on May 1st for the “reaffirmation of loyalty to the United States and for the recognition of the heritage of American freedom,” established in 1921
– Military Spouse Appreciation Day: honoring our military spouses each Friday before Mother’s Day
– Victory in Europe (VE) Day: celebrated on May 8th for the Allies of World War II’s victory over Nazi Germany in 1945
– Armed Forces Day: celebrating all members of the U.S. Armed Forces on the third Saturday in May
– Children of Fallon Patriots Day: honoring children left behind by a parent in the line of duty each May 13th
– Memorial Day: recognized on the last Monday of May, honoring all members of our U.S. military who paid the ultimate sacrifice while serving our country
Help us recognize all of our local service members of the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard and National Guard, as well as their spouses this month! Don’t hesitate to express your gratitude, buy a meal or coffee, or learn how to get involved with Combat Veterans to Careers throughout May.