When you come back, you’re different. You not only have to reintegrate into your family, you have to reintegrate into the community. — David Booth, U.S. Army MSG (Ret.), CVC President & CEO
Combat Veterans to Careers helps meet the growing need of our Post 9/11 combat veterans who are struggling to transition from military life to successful and fulfilling civilian lives. Our 360° approach ensures our veterans receive the educational and physical and mental health benefits they’ve earned, along with assistance in affordable housing, transportation, community integration, legal and/or financial struggles, and career placement.
Here are 10 easy ways you can support our vets and their families during this time of transition through your involvement with CVC:
- Invite your friends and family to attend our annual and monthly events, where you’ll have the opportunity to meet some of our veterans, and all proceeds benefit our program. View upcoming events here.
- Eat at Texas Roadhouse in Lady Lake, FL the first Tuesday of every month. Texas Roadhouse, Lady Lake donates 10% of ALL food sales on the first Tuesday of the month to CVC. Learn more here.
- Offer complimentary business programs or services to support and train our veterans alongside us. Learn more about becoming a Business Partner here.
- Provide your company’s services or financial support to help fund our program. Learn more about becoming a Business Sponsor here.
- Shop for great finds and donate used home goods to Restoring Hope Thrift Store, where all proceeds go back to CVC. Learn more about the thrift store here.
- Volunteer in our office, for events, or with the Restoring Hope Thrift Store. Your time and talents make a difference in our organization! View details on our volunteer positions and apply online here.
- Donate a reliable vehicle for a deserving veteran/family’s transportation needs. Learn more about our vehicle donation program here.
- Donate a laptop for a veteran’s education and/or career needs. All donations are tax-deductible, and all computers’ hard drives are wiped before use. Learn more here.
- Support a Veteran for just $18/month. By joining our S.A.V. program, you become a cornerstone in the future of a veteran and his/her family. Learn more about the S.A.V. program here.
- Leave a legacy for future generations by designating CVC in your long-term plans. Learn more about planned giving here.
As always, we thank you for your support and generosity in assisting our veterans and our organization as a whole!