Restoring Hope Thrift Store Currently Has Positions Open for
Pick-Up & Delivery Drivers/Movers
Job Description: Restoring Hope Thrift Store is looking for a capable Part-Time (Monday, Wednesday & Friday) Donation Pick-Up Driver & Mover to support Combat Veterans to Careers. You will be driving to local residents’ homes to pick up donations as well as make home deliveries to customers who have purchased furniture or other home goods from our store.
Must have excellent customer service skills, be able to lift extremely heavy items (+50 lbs) and be very reliable. Veteran Preference applies.
Responsibilities included but are not limited to:
- Drive box truck / ride along to pick-up donations such as furniture and household items from community donors.
- Drive box truck / ride along to deliver purchases, mainly furniture, from customers.
- Record transaction, follow donation and delivery policy and procedures
- Load and unload truck
- Maintains all company equipment, keeping it clean and operational
- Inspects and cleans inside and outside of truck
- Ensures routine maintenance on truck and equipment
- Follows direction from and reports directly to the Operation Manager
- Valid & clean Florida driver’s license
- Clean driving history
- Ability to follow proper lifting and carrying technique
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be a team player
- Mandatory background check/drug and physical check
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations such as traffic, weather conditions
- Must be willing to travel locally
- Must be able to work any day of the week, including weekends if needed
- Team player with exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to lift, pull, push and carry extremely heavy items (+50 lbs)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Veterans Preference applies
If you or someone you know is is interested, please let us know or pass this on! Please contact Sandee Trivigno at Sandee@combatveteranstocareers.org or call (352) 461-4025.
About Combat Veterans to Careers
Combat Veterans to Careers helps post 9/11 veterans transition from the Military into Civilian Life. We help our veterans in finding a career path and provide assistance for them to follow that path. We assist with housing, education as well as helping their families with various needs.
About Restoring Hope Thrift Store
Combat Veterans to Careers opened the Restoring Hope Thrift Store in July 2017. All items are donations from supporters and community members. We sell furniture, household items, appliances and much more! $0.92 to every $1.00 goes to our Veterans. We take pride in serving our customers and donors with the utmost respect and kindness.